Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default word mailmerge field sort

A csv file must mean something different to you than it does to me (and I
think most other people). For starters, it does not contain cells.

A CSV (comma-separated values) file contains the values in a table as a
series of ASCII text lines organized so that each column value is separated
by a comma from the next column's value and each record starts a new line.

Provide an example of the data in the file and we can probably tell you how
to go about it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jonnyb" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, but I guess I need to clarify - the csv file
contains a
record for each transaction. In each record, there's a column that
contains
part numbers for all of the items that were requested in the transaction.
All of these part numbers are contained in one cell of the record. I need
sort the part numbers in each cell independently and each cell can contain
from 1 to 70 part numbers.

The solution provided would work if each record had a part number and I
wanted to sort all the records based on the part numbers, but
unfortunately,
that's not the task that I need to accomplish.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Open the csv file in Excel, sort it and save the sorted file to use as
the
data source.