John

The problem is that I'm going to have about 2,000 pages (one per
employee)split over 125+ departments, so I really didn't want to run
each separately - I was really looking to automate the process.

Jezebel wrote:
Run separate merges, one for each department, using the department name as
part of the query WHERE clause. Save each into a separate file.

You could automate the whole process if you really need to, but unless you
have a large number of departments or you're going to be doing this
repeatedly, it's probably not worth the trouble.

"John" wrote in message

I have a very large list that that I want to email different parts of to
different departments. I'd like to save each department's letters into
a separate file as part of the merge process. The question
is how can I merge the document and have part of the merge saved to a
new file each time the department name changes? Ideally, I would like
the file name to be based on the department name.

I've done work with macros similar to this before, but it's been years
and I'm a bit rusty. Thanks for any advice.