Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default Invisible Paragraph Returns

Hi Melinda,

The large space is probably because the new section is set to start on a new
page.

Double clicking in empty space in a document will, with click and type
enabled, generate lots of paragraph marks to position the insertion point
where you double clicked. You are not revealing them, you are inserting them
and you can, of course, delete them - neither action, as you have seen, will
have any effect on a new section which doesn't start yet.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Melinda" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a document with several sections. At the end of a section, there

is
a large white space. If I double click in the white space, several

paragraph
returns are revealed. Deleting them does not move up the text from the

next
page. The section break at the end of this section used to be a next page
break that was changed to continuous. Any ideas on what these returns

might
be and how to get rid of them?
Thanks!
Melinda