Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry

Default Disappearing photos on a word document

You seem to be quite knowledgable so perhaps you can help me with my blank
graphics question. When I insert a jpg, a piece of clipart, or basically any
graphical element into word, a blank box the size of the graphic appears. No
matter what I try (printing, going to print preview, giving it time to load)
NOTHING works to show the contents of that graphic. I've tried uninstalling
and reinstalling MS Office, and the problem persists. Any ideas?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the IntelĀ® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
causing particular problems.

In the case of the latter, the latest driver
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764
appears to fix the problem. DON'T TRY TO USE THIS DRIVER WITH ANY OTHER
CHIPSET/ADAPTER.

There are drivers available also from ATI that correct this issue with some
their adapter cards.

If you have the problem with a different display adapter and are sure you
are using the latest driver, then try reducing the display's hardware
acceleration.

Jay Freedman wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:06:02 -0700, ERS Craig ERS
wrote:

I open a document with photos insertent on them and when I page down
and then back up the photo disappears. I still prints out ok but is
had to work with the document whan the photo is there , using space
but you cant see it.

Graphics that disappear during scrolling are a symptom of an
overworked (or underpowered) video card.

If you can't install a more powerful card, you may get some
improvement from the following: Right-click a blank area of the
Windows desktop and select Properties from the popup menu. Click the
Settings tab of the dialog, and click the Advanced button. In the next
dialog, click the Troubleshoot tab. Move the Hardware Acceleration
slider a notch or two toward the None end, and try Word again. Keep
trying different settings until either you get Word to display
graphics properly or you hit the None setting.