tweedepoging

Default Word conflict?

Ed shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing OO. I've never used it,
although I might some day. I just didn't want someone to be mislead
into thinking they were going to get a free download of MS Office.
That would be a big surprise as a result of a poorly-phrased response.

Ed

I never said is was *MS* Office, so strictly speaking I wasn't telling
a lie.

If one says "Office", one means a combination or suite of a word
processor, a spreadsheet, presentation software and perhaps some other
productivity tools like a database or a PIM.

People should be smart enough to know that OpenOffice is not MS Office.