Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default mail merge button is greyed out when I try to merge my data sourc

Which version of Word?

Did you reconnect to the data source? If you are using Word 2002/2003, use
Tools|Customize to enable the MailMerge toolbar, click the leftmost button
to select the merge type, then the 2nd button to select the mail merge data
source.

Peter Jamieson

"D123" wrote in message
I am using Mail Merge; there was an old letter that I needed to use, set up
for mail merge but the data source was wrong so I created the proper one;
when I go to merge, the merge button is greyed out what do I do
thanks