Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default my program word suddenly won't let me open files

See if this helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 ("Problems in Windows Explorer or the
Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015").

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Mark Lewis" Mark wrote in message
My program "Word" suddenly won't let me open a file. When I click on the
open file icon it just sits there. It will let me open a file from the

File
menu when the name of the file is one of the recent files that I have

opened,
but it just sits there if I go to file and then click on open or when I

click
on the open file icon.
I tried to put in the office CD and run repair but it won't run the repair
either.