Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default TOC help?

For the page numbering, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

In addition to the articles Dawn mentioned, if you are new to TOCs, see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

"Freddy" wrote in message
I am running WinWord XP on Windows XP Pro with all the updates.

How do I construct a Table of Contents to look like the following
example? (Excel file)

Sorry, I know of no other way to show you what I am attempting to do
except to forward the excel file.

In the example file (attached)the following styles apply:
"Chapter One" is styled in Heading 2
"Beginning To Understand..." is styled in Heading 3
"Christ's Delegated Authority" is styled in Heading 4

I would like this updated automatically as I edit the pages.

One other question: How do I make the pages numbers appear as i, ii,
iii on the Title Page, Table of Contents, Copywrite Page, etc. and start
printing the page numbers as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. for the actual book pages?