Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default WHow can i find the default saving folder for Word?

Hi ?B?aGF2ZW5sYWQ=?=,

A user has received a word attachment and has altered it, saved it without
using save as and closed word. They cant remember where it went, although I
believe its My docs, temp internet files, random folder but he cant access
that folder on his pc (come to think of it, I cant access it on mine). How
does he search for the file and why cant he see the folder?

My husband used to do this all the time; lost HOURS of work. He finally learned he
has to use File/Save As with an attachment, or save it to disk before opening.

In order to get to these folders, I believe you have to enter the folder name into
the Address Bar manually, then press ENTER.

(I found that out when dealing with problems in Excel XML files, generated outside
of Excel. Excel would show an error message with the temp folder path where it put
the error log, but I had to type it in to open and view the log.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)