Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard

Default Updating Word Templates

I'm a software developer and use Access extensively. My knowledge of
VBA is pretty good. so when I was approached to undertake a project to
modify some Word (2003) templates, which included forms and VBA code, I
felt it would be no problem.

My problem is how to save these templates. Afer opning the .dot file,
modifying some VBA code, and also making changes within the document
(Bookmarks, fonts, etc.) it seems impossible to savethis .dot file and
retain all the changes. If I do a file/save from within the VBA code,
it saves all the code changes, but none of the formatting changes in
the document. On the other hand, if I do a file/save from the document,
it will save all the document formatting changes but all the code and
forms are gone. I've checked off to "automatically update document
styles and also tried Save All by holding down the shift key

I"m at a loss now what else to try

Any suggestions???