Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default HELP: Image Formatting & Text Anchoring??

Hi Steve,

For each graphic, I've clicked FORMAT PICTURE / LAYOUT / ADVANCED / TEXT
WRAPPING style as SQUARE and all margins are set to 0.125. Then I move
(mouse or arrows) the graphic to where I want... however, as I move further
into the document, the graphics start to have a mind of their own.

In addition to Jezebel's post - and I highly recommend you look into the areas
she points to - there can be problems with graphics formatted with text flow.
Especially in the newer versions of Word (2002/2003), Word appears to reach a
point where it can no longer correctly manage graphics internally. Sometimes,
recreating the document can help (such as copy/paste all but the last
paragraph mark to a new document).

Personally, I avoid applying text flow formatting to a graphic in any but the
most simple/short documents. If I need to place text beside a graphic, I'll
usually insert it into a Frame (the Insert Frame command from the FORMS
toolbar). Possibly, I might use a Table instead; or even a single table cell
formatted with text flow. The additional advantage of this approach is that I
can cross-reference.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org