Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simcon

Default saving word 2003 documents across the internet

Thanks Jezebel for your advice. Does this also apply to a another local
computer on a peer to peer network?
Neil

"Jezebel" wrote:

Your penultimate and ultimate sentences seem to be in contradiction.

As a general prinicple, don't use Word to save directly to (or read directly
from) any location other than a direct-connected hard disk folder. Save the
file locally and use Explorer for the transfer to/from the remote location.

"simcon" wrote in message
I have mapped a folder on another computer on the internet.
I can set my documents folder to the mapped drive.
I can save documents to folder ok.
Problem - Word hangs after I have saved the document.