Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RAFDO

Default format single page content

Thanks, I am not familiar with Publisher & belong to the BC generation
(before computers). Is Publisher similar to Word or is it a entirely new
program?

I only use 3 programs & Word is the only word processing one. I write
articles and create daily calendar dairies in Word format. Sometimes I need
to paste a whole page and need to keep the content and format intact such as
an email or letter from another source.

I have read about textbook format? Is the a Word function & would it allow
me to work around pages I want to leave intact that are in the middle of a
document.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:46:02 -0700, RAFDO
wrote:

How do I get text or table to stay on a specific page in a document?

The short answer is, you can't.

Everything in Word is part of a text flow. Even text boxes and
floating tables and graphics are always "anchored" to a particular
paragraph of regular text, and if that paragraph moves to another
page, the floating object will go with it.

I think for this kind of job you'd be much happier with a real page
layout program such as Publisher.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman