Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Default How to automatically turn on and off the document map.

To a certain extent, the display of the document map seems to be
associated with the view (just like the zoom ratio is), but I suspect
that you need auto macros to accomplish what you want. You may want to
ask in a programming newsgroup for confirmation, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm creating a set of work instructions and I'm trying to decide if
want to use the document map feature in Word 2003. I want the users
be able to open the instructions document and view the Document Map
automatically without having them go to View/Document Map. And when
they close the document I want to automatically turn off the
Document
Map so that when they open another word doc it won't open in
Document
Map. Is there a way to do this?