Short of embedding an Excel sheet in your Word doc, the easiest way to get
what you want is to use a macro such as Graham offers. You can download it
directly from his Web site, and see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for instructions on what to do
with it.

"Cathy in Florida" wrote in
message ...
I still can't work it out. I know nothing about macros. I actually am
usually very computer litereate and work with Excel and word all the time.
Over the past 10 years I have gotten really good at Excel formulas, etc.

but
this has me stumped and I have never had a need to learn macros.

The templet I am working on is a word merge document. I can get the year

change with this: {DATE\@"mmm D,} {=DATE\@"YYYY"}=1} this automatically
changes the date on my form to same date next year. But I need to get the
darn Word program change the date to 6 months from now instead.

Since I can count on my left hand how many times I have played with WORD
formulas I could use some step by step instructions & typed examples.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy in Florida

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See See http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm .

Cathy in Florida wrote:

If today's date is January 5, 2005 on a mail merge document templet I

am
working on, can someone tell me how I have Word enter a date of 6

months from
today? I know how to do it in Excel but can not figure out the exact
"formula" for word. Thanks!