Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Table of Contents not updating

Is the new sub-section actually formatted as Heading 2, or some
other style? Is the new Heading 2 inside a text box?

ohaya wrote:

Hi,

I have a document that I've been working on for awhile, and everything
was working fine until this morning.

After I added a new sub-section, I tried to rebuild the Table of
Contents, but I noticed that the new sub-section (Heading 2) isn't
showing up in the updated Table of Contents.

I've tried everything that I can think of, including deleting
sub-sections, deleting the TOC and inserting the TOC, etc., but I simply
can't get any new sub-sections to appear in the TOC. I've tried to
re-build the TOC in both Word 97 and Word 2003, but to no avail ...

The document is about 140 pages, and about 3GB.

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening, and how I can get the
TOC updating to start working again?

Thanks,
Jim