Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Therm

Default Strange formatting marks

Stefan,
Thank you for the response, but I do not think those are the
characteres I am referring to. In addition, Suzanne agreed with your
response and said "The character used is U00A4 (ASCII 0164.)" That is
not the character I am trying to understand. The formatting marks
like the letter "C" with little lines sticking out and a partial "C"
with the same little lines, not the ASCII 0164 character.
If you have a moment, take a look at my file. Thanks.

Therm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stefan Blom wrote:
Those are end-of-cell and end-of-row markers. For more, see:

What do all those funny marks, like the dots between the words in my
document, and the square bullets in the left margin, mean?
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recieved a Word docuement from a co-worker. It contained some

very
strange formatting marks like the letter "C" with little lines

sticking
out and a partial "C" with the same little lines. I have no idea

what
they are. The help screens don't help. So, my first question is:
Where is the documentation for all these formatting characters?
Secondly, does anyone know what those strange charcters I described
are? I have posted the document at:
http://www.ceanational.org/problem/wordcharacters.doc

Thanks for any assistance.

Therm