Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Styles and normal.dot

See €śNormal.dot Template€”Explained€ť

"extreme_dad" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003. Use it extensively, but must be missing some basics.

use styles extensively, but I assume all of my styles are now in

normal.dot.

I am having trouble understanding normal.dot. Is this a template?

I have a 200+ page training manual. I want to make sure that normal.dot
changes in other documents do not affect this document.

Also, I would like to have several basics styles or templates - one for
manuals, one for tips, etc. I want to open a new blank file/template and

the
styles available have been pre-defined for the particular job.