hinsha

Hey garfield-n-odie,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I did try as you suggested with the articles
but neither worked.
The first was to do a detect and repair which I did, and the error still
comes up the second one i already tried before my original post and it didn't
work either. Its just annoying; the program works fine just that darn error
comes up.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

If Doug's suggestion doesn't help, see the following two articles for
other possible solutions:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217440
"You receive error messages when you start Office 2000 programs"

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221354
"You receive a 'There was a problem starting the Office Assistant' error
message when you run an Office 2000 program"

hinsha wrote:
Hi, I wonder if any of you geniuses can help me out. I have Office 2000, and
all of a sudden when im in word i get the following error.

"There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try
reinstalling it".

I have tried reinstalling, and uninstalling office alltogether and then
reinstalling office. However this error still comes up every time i open word
and its so annoying.

Can anyone help me out.

Regards