Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ucsd

Default sorting problem

All lines with a normal return, e.g., from main antry to sub or from sub to
sub.

BTW - you said you are in Europe - I am currently in London
--
George Mandler
Retired Professor

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello George

ucsd wrote:
Thank you Suzanne for the suggestion - I had brielfy looked before and now
did again in depth, but for separate name and subjects indexes and for a
"indexing" becomes cumbersone. But thanks for the suggestion.

Hmm, I don't see more effort in defining the XE fields (index entries)
than in writing the index manually, _especially_ if the index contains
few entries only. How many page numbers are you listing per entry? If
the answer is (almost always) "one", then this is the most simple index
you can get.

But you want to do it manually and sort, so let's see. :-)

quote
Main entry
Subentry i
Subentry 2
Main entry 2
Subentry
/quote

Are you having one paragraph per main entry (i.e., you end a line with
SHIFT-Return until before the next main entry -- or all lines with a
normal RETURN?

Greetings
Robert
--