Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MDI Anne MDI Anne is offline

Default Mergefield question

Mac...

Have tried your formula suggestion and I get the following... !Syntax Error, {

and yes, all that I want to do is add a year to the date...

"macropod" wrote:

Hi MDI Anne,

The MERGEFIELD solution depends on whether you're dealing with a day, month
& year, month & year or just a year. If its the last of these, it's simply a
matter of embedding your MERGEFIELD in a FORMULA field coded like:
{={MERGEFIELD "Expiration_Date"}+1}
For anything more complicated, check out the entries under 'Calculate a
month and year, using n years delay' and 'Calculate a day, date, month and
year, using n years delay' in my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
To use either of those fields, you could replace the 'DATE' references with
your {MERGEFIELD "Expiration_Date"} field. Alternatively, you could add
another SET field, like:
{SET ExpDate {MERGEFIELD "Expiration_Date"}}
immediately above or below the '{SET Delay 1}' line and replace the 'DATE'
references with 'ExpDate'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"MDI Anne" wrote in message
I have a database created in Access, and am pulling info from it to create
letters. I have an expiration date in the database that, when put into my
letter, I would like to add 1 year to the date. {MERGEFIELD

"Expiration_Date"}

I've tried doing a +1, and variations of that, but am getting no where.

Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!!