Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default inserting/changing chapter titles in footers

An easier way, however, is to use StyleRef fields; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

"juillet66" wrote in message
Thank you! This totally does the job!!

Gratefully,
j66

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

In each section, turn off "Same as previous" (Word 2002 and
earlier) or "Link to previous" (Word 2003) on the Header and
Footer toolbar, and then change the chapter title in the footer.

juillet66 wrote:

I've read and re-read the instructions on how to have different

chapter
titles in my footers: I insert section breaks, then change the chapter

title
down below in the footer. But when I do this, I get the same chapter

title
for each chapter!!!

Thoughts, suggestions, help is really welcome...

jb