Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default place holders in templates

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm (I think this
article is a little clearer than Graham's on this particular use of the
MacroButton field).

"Jeremy Chapman" please@Idontlikespam wrote in message
I am creating a template and I want to create placeholders for users to
enter text in.

I tried inserting a field of type fill-in, but that actually prompts the
user with a dialog box. I've seen elsewhere where the field appears with

grey background and text something like [Text here]. The user can select
the field and put there value in it, and when printed the entered text
prints correctly (no grey background). How do I do this?

As well, is it possible to enter instructional text below the field, and
have that text only show when the user edits the document (not when the
print)?