Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Find won't find, Word 2000

One of the commonest reasons is that you have some kind of formatting
applied to the "Find what" box.

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:58:02 -0700, aneasiertomorrow
wrote:

Hi there

I might be missing the point completely, but if you want to turn some of

the
occurances of 'father' to red you can use find and replace:
1. Ctrl+h to open replace dialogue box
2. Type father in find what
3. Type ^& in the replce with box (^& puts in the text from the find what

box)
4. With the cursor still in the replace with box, select
More...-Format-font and change font colour to red
5. Perform the find and replace as normal.

Hope that helps and sorry if I've misunderstood :-)

Lucy

That's a very helpful tip and it would probably have prevented the
problem, but I would still like to know what caused Find to stop
working.

Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000