Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rascl rascl is offline

Default mail merge - text wont display correctly

Hi Cindy,
Thank you for your continued support! I have copied the formula below
however yesterday our IT dept. (different person) determined that not
only was something wrong with my network connection but apparently
some?thing wrong with my pc. They gave me a new pc & plugged me in to a
different network line. The problem(s) hasn’t re-occurred as yet. My
values are again displaying correctly without doing the confirm
conversion at open however that’s where the original problem started
and why I went to the confirm conversion in the first place… I’m not
entirely convinced that the problem wont re-occur but I’m hoping(:

At any rate I am still interested in the text to column matter if you
wouldn’t mind replying even though its no longer as urgent a need for
me (so far).
Here is my formula:
=IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(A1770,'C:\Product Support\Warranty\2006 Warranty
Reports\Claims\[2006 Warranty Claims .xls]Warranty
Claims'!$A:$N,14,FALSE))," ",(VLOOKUP(A1770,'C:\Product
Support\Warranty\2006 Warranty Reports\Claims\[2006 Warranty Claims
.xls]Warranty Claims'!$A:$N,14,FALSE)))

Thanks for all your help!!(:
rascl