Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default Default minimum length for envelopes is wrong.

It's not about common sizes at all. MS Word envelope software will not allow
anyone to create addresses for envelopes that are less than 16.5 cm in
length. The actual minimum length for the USPS is 5" -- 12.5 cm.

I can appreciate that I can create a Rube Goldberg style work around for it,
but it just doesn't make sense that there is a minimum, which is wrong and is
probably based on the language I select.

When I lived in Tokyo -- I never used the envelopes feature partially
because I even though I was writing in English I was still using the Japan
Post, and had to adhere to their standards, which don't show up at all in
Env&Labels in Word English.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Word provides formats for the commonly available Envelope Sizes. While the
USPS may accept envelopes of the size that you want to use, that does not
make it a common size.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barbara" wrote in message
Well, yes, I could do that, but it doesn't address the root cause -- which
is
that the minimum envelope lenght in Word Envelopes and Labels is not
correct.

I read Mr. Mayor's comments as well, and frankly it seems like a whole lot
of trouble to circumvent an obvious error in the software.