Phill

Default OpenDataSource problem

I have and Access 2003 (saved as Access 2000 format) database using Word 2003
to do a simple mail merge. I get a message that says it couldn't open the
document. When I try to manually do the merge, and test the connection, I
get a message saying "test connection failed because of an error in
initializing provider. The database has been placed in a state by user
'Admin' ...that prevents it from being opened." When I close my database
and
test the connection it works. I've tried this several times with the same
results. Any ideas? Thanks. Phill

Here is my code.

Set WordDoc = GetObject(strFinalDoc, "Word.Document")
WordDoc.Application.Visible = True

WordDoc.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _
Name:=CurrentDb.Name, _
LinkToSource:=True, _
ReadOnly:=True, _
Connection:="TABLE tempMailMerge", _
SQLStatement:="SELECT * FROM tempMailMerge"

WordDoc.MailMerge.Execute