Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default page numbering

You will need a Section Break between the title page and the table of
contents and another one between the table of contents and the page on which
the Introduction starts.

Don't insert any page numbering into the first section that contains the
title page.

Insert page numbers into the tables of contents pages and using the Format
page numbers button on the Headers and Footers toolbar, format the page
numbers to start at 1 and set the format for the page numbers i, ii, iii.

In the main body of the document, insert the page numbers and using the
Format page numbers button, set them to start at 1 as well.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kisel123" wrote in message
How do I format page numbers so that I have no page number on a title
page,
the characters i, ii, iii on a table of contents,etc, and 1-50 starting at
the introduction of a paper to the end? Thank you