Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Linking Text from Excel to Word

Select and copy the cell in Excel. Switch to Word and use Edit
PasteSpecial, with the 'Paste Link' option checked.

"heyz" wrote in message
Hi

I have an excel sheet that has some database and which will keep getting
updated. I have another Word file that is based on the database of the
excel
sheet. The purpose of using word is that I will have content written for
each
of the database element from excel. I am wondering if i could link excel
and
word in such a way that Any update in excel will automatically make the
update in word. I tried Inserting Excel as an object but that inserts the
sheet as a whole. What i am looking to achieve is inserting cells in
different places of the word document.

Let me illustrate my situation

Say my excel sheet is like
=========
LIST ITEMS
=========
List Item 1
List Item 2
List Item 3

And my word Document is

=========
List Item 1
=========
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

=========
List Item 2
=========
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

=========
List Item 3
=========
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Obviously, am gonna have lots of these List Items which is why I am trying
to automate it.

Is this possible? Or is it wishful thinking.
Thanks for any suggestion.