Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Document Map

If you close the document map before exiting Word, it should remain
closed when you restart Word. However, also note that the document map
may be displayed in one view (say Print Layout) and hidden in another.
(This is similar to having different zoom ratios in different views.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michael" wrote in message
Yes. View does have "Document Map" for closure, but it's not a

command for
ALL Word Documents. Just the current one. I can't remember if I

had turned
it off from times past. It was just a couple of days ago, that

Document Map
reappeared. I don't know what triggered it back on.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Haved you tried ViewDocument Map ?
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Michael" wrote in message
How to I open a document without the document map showing?