Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Another mailmerge question

There are no easy solutions here - unless the Outlook guys know better
But if the data source is right you can construct the conditional fields as
you want them.

Colonel Blip wrote:
Hello, Graham!
You wrote on Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:08:36 +0300:

I thought about that about 5 iterations of questions ago g but
decided, for lack of knowing I couldn't do simply what I want to do,
that it was too much of a hassle. I would need to change my OL form
and publish it, then go thru and, I think, delete spouses from the
first name and add them to the Spouse field. I guess I could then
test thru IF to see if the spouse was populated and if it was do a
"First_Name" " &" "Spouse_Name" "Last_Name" construct in the IF
statement, correct? Of course the cell phone number assignments would
be straight-forward.
Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

You couldn't do it as part of the mail merge - you would have to run
the code on the document created from the merge, but it should be
possible. It would however make more sense to use the Spouse field in
Outlook and set up your contacts so that they can be used as
intended. You can access all of the fields including custom fields
from Outlook.
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm