Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I edit an Index?

Word didn't generate the title "Index", you did--you just posted about it.

If you want the "Index" heading to be listed in the TOC, then do the same
thing to it that you did to the rest of the chapter headings. I assume you
used a TC field--use one again.

On 9/14/06 6:37 AM, "qumranandy" wrote:

Here's another one that may not stump you. I created the Table of Contents
using the mark my own entries option. How do I mark the index, which is
generated by WORD and is not my own invention, so that it will be included in
the table of contents?
Qumranandy