Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom F Tom F is offline

Default Customising the default settings for Auto-format and page view

Hi Cindy,
Just tried starting Word in 'Safe' mode... this has reset to the default
language (US English), but has kept my customized toolbars and a new document
is viewed at 150%. Yesterday after posting my original message I deleted the
'normal' template and then recreated it with my customized settings. This
worked for several restarts of the software, but when I came to launch the
software after the computer had been shut down and restarted the original
problem re-occurred! I have not installed any software recently (as far as I
know!), but I have downloaded some templates from the MS Office site to get
some ideas for a document I'm currently working on, however I have opened
each of these only once and am now using a template I have created myself
from scratch!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Tom F

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?VG9tIEY=?=,

I am using Word 2003 and recently my Word package has resorted to
autoformatting lists and displaying the page (print layout) at 150% rather
than the settings I originally had. (It was quite happy for over a year!). I
have tried altering the settings in Tools/Autocorrect Options to what I want
and the zoom setting to page width, but every time I launch the software I
lose the customised settings. Can anyone solve this problem for me?

If you hold down CTRL to start Word in Safe Mode, are you back to the
installation default settings? (Or at least no longer at 150% zoom.)

It sounds as if you have some kind of "tool" (Add-in) that's changing these
settings on you. Installed anything, recently?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)