Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judi Judi is offline

Default MAil Merge with Pictures

I am organising a conference and have a spreadsheet of delegates who
will be attending a the event, and certain workshops on the day.

I am creating name badges in Word using a Mail Merge function of the
Excel spreadsheet for Title, Name and Surname, and which workshop they
will attend. There are 3 sessions, in which there are three workshops
to attend.

I have assigned each workshop in each session a colour; red, blue,
yellow, for w1, w2, w3 in each session, and would like these colour
boxes on the name badges. For example, in session 1 we have w1, w2, w,3
and session 2, w4, w5, w6, and session 3, w7, w8. If I were attending
w1, w5, w8, I'd have three boxes on the badge - red, blue, blue, to
show this.

I have tried many ways of creating this - even tried conditional
formatting in Excel to insert an image I created automatically, but
this didnt work. I then manually entered the boxes into a new column in
the spreadsheet, hoping Word would pick them up, but it didnt!

Also, if someone is not attending a workshop in one session, they wont
have an entry in that column in the spreadsheet - would the mail merge
leave that area of the page blank?

What exactly would I need to type to make this happen!?

If this is possible, please can anyone help?!!

Thanks!