Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default New Word 2003 datasource from wizard?

A datasource created via the Wizard will be created in the form of (some
form of) an Access database. To (small a) access it other that via the Mail
Merge utility, you must use Access.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Phil Rabichow" wrote in message ...
Using Word 2003, is it possible to create a new Word datasource using the
wizard? When I get to step 3 (select recipients) & choose "Type a new
list", the only option is an Access datasource. I know that it's possible
to create the Word datasource first & then choose it, but what about using
the wizard? (I also know you can do it using the old MailMergeHelper
dialog
box).
--
Thanks in advance,