Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office Helper Office Helper is offline

Default How can I make Word stay open(not switch appl)when I close a doc?

When you have multiple documents open, do you see multiple instances in the
task bar.

"Laura" wrote:

When I close a Word (2003) document, the screen jumps back to email or to an
other application, and it is driving me crazy. I often have several word
documents open, and I like to jump from one to another, and this is an added
step.

I think a setting may have changed, because this problem just started
several months ago, although I can't figure it out, and my IT Department has
no answers.

Does anyone know what setting might have changed?