Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do i open an 'open office writer' document with microsoft word

Word does not have converters for Open Office. Given that Open Office is
basically free, I suggest that you install it and save the document in Word
format. Or, as whoever gave you the document to save it in Word format.

Alternatively, you might try he

http://www.acii.com/online.htm?o=IconvCom

I haven't used their services, but what I'm reading suggests that they have
an online way to convert from odt to doc.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"mary john" mary wrote in message
I have a document created in 'open office writer' by Sun mycrosystems. How
can i open this in a computer that does not have 'open office writer'
installed. Is there any method I can open this document with microsoft
word?