Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default Extra carriage return character in table

Thank you all for your advice. I do not have the time currently to
investigate them all properly, but will certainly do so in future. I
have found a workable solution for the mean time. I found that if I
place the cursor before the end of cell marker and use backspace in
place of delete to remove the line break (carriage return character) it
does not remove the format/style from the caption. It saves me having
to select the whole caption again and re-applying the style.
Regards
Jan