It sounds as if you need to use a "Directory" mail merge to insert just the
fields you want. They can be inserted into a table.

"lcrogers" wrote in message
I have a access 2003 database and I want to into into a word 2003 table

just
the lastname, firstname, middle inital, and employee number from the

employee
database. The database has about 20 fields in it but the above inof in

all
that I need. Eveytime that I tell it to insert the database it inserts

all
20 fields instead of the 4 that I want. I want to place the firstname, mi
and last name in colum 1 and the employee number in colum 2. Any

suggestions
would greatly be appreciated.

Lou