Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Linking Excel Data in a Word Document

What version of Word are you using and do you have all of the patches
installed? It sounds like the link is not automatically updating due
to a Word field security patch that prevents fields such as a LINK
field from updating automatically. This article contains more on the
changes along with a link at the end you can use to download an add-in
which you can use to modify the patch behavior:
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=120

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Office 2007 Preview Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx
Office 2007 Community Articles/Tutorials:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...e_archive.mspx

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Denise C" wrote in message
news
I have inserted an Excel object into a Word document. When I then
open the
Excel file by double-clicking on it, make a change in the Excel
file, and
then go back into the Word document, the changes are not reflected
in the
Word document until I right-click on the table and choose Update
Link.

Everything I read (including Element K's (Microsoft approved) Level
II
training manual!) says that the link should update automatically
once the
change is made in the Excel file. I have checked in Links, and the
Automatically Update radio button is selected. Any ideas? Thanks!
--
Denise C