Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BillM... BillM... is offline

Default Insert table in word - don't convert to scientific notation

"BillM..." wrote:

When inserting a table into word, all of the numbers are converted to
scientific notation. Thus 59.995 becomes 59.995E+0. In Excel, you select
number preferences, but there's no way to turn that off in Word. What's the
trick?

I agree that it would be hard to make Word do that. The source is a
non-Microsoft program reporting on electronic meter readings. I don't know
how the numbers are stored in the source program; I suppose standard FP and
when that comes to Word, that's what it prints. But I was hoping that there
was a toggle somewhere that would select the form, like Excel. Word does a
good job of placing the report into a table, but the notation is distracting.