Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
marcus marcus is offline

Default problems w/ outlook 2002 email merge

Please help! I have spent literally HOURS searching groups, web,
microsoft, etc. for an answer.

I am trying to merge about 150 names into an email merge in Outlook
2002/Word 2002 running XP Pro. The process has worked several times
before this instance...Not sure what has changed this time.

Process:
Word 2002 database w/ email, name, and greeting fields
Outlook 2002 using Hotmail
Document created using Mail Merge Wizard - step-by-step
When I arrive at the Electronic Mail section, I choose "HTML", and
"Email" as my "To" field. I click "ok". It files through each
individual name/entry within the Word document on the screen but
nothing shows up in the Outbox or the Sent items of Outlook. It only
shows up when I choose "Plain text"...but then, because of the security
issues, I have to click & wait for each individual email...150 times!
It HAS to be easier!!!
I am able to merge to printer and new document, just not to email.
I have checked the Word database for blank lines at the top, removed
all entries w/o email addresses, made sure the table has a header row,
etc.

Is there something I am not seeing?

Thanks!