Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LSivak LSivak is offline

Default Email Mail Merge

so with option b- you are saying create a column that says (layman) look at
cell d and if this, then enter this in this cell to create a separate email
address field?

My file has the destination emails in one column, but changes due to the
customer information, so in order to avoid sending 100 different emails to
one email address, how can i create an email that I can send to just that
destination email once with all customers info attached.

Basically, it is a list of customers who have requested info from a certain
company, and there can be up to 100 customers who request from a given
company so I want to send one email to each company listing all of the
customers who have requested information.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer
Thanks!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you are saying that each 100 rows in Excel has the destination e-mail
address in a different column, then there are two obvious ways you could go:
a. do the merge in batches of 100 and specify a different column for each
batch (you can probably do this in a VBA macro if you need to)
b. add a column in Excel that grabs its data from a different column
depending on which batch of records its in, and use that new column as the
destination e-mail address for the merge.

If you're saying something else, can you spell it out?

Peter Jamieson
"LSivak" wrote in message
I am trying to attempt to create a merged email from a list in excel.

I have 1000 names and I need to merge the first 100 into an email and send
it to email A (which is includes in teh rows of the first 100), then the
next
100 I need to merge into another email and send to email B (on the rows of
the 2nd 100)

Any way to do this in Word?

Thanks!