Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Todd Mathison [MSFT] Todd Mathison [MSFT] is offline

Default Why do I get a W with horizontal line through when I use \ key

If the same thing happens in other applications besides Word, your computer
might be using the wrong keyboard layout in Windows.

If the autocorrect solution doesn't work, then try this:
- Go to "Regional and Language Options" in the Control Panel
- Click on the "Languages" tab
- Click on the "Details" button.
- Remove any keyboards in the list that you don't want to use.

Hope this helps,
--Todd

"CyberTaz" wrote:

One possibility - Take a look in ToolsAutoCorrect Options... Type a \ in
the Replace: field & see if the entry comes up (or scroll down the list to
find it - it should be near the top if it's there). If you find it, delete
it, if not post back for other suggestions.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"AugBay" wrote in message
When I use press the \ key when using word I get a W with a horizontal
line
through it.