Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Can't change the background in a table

Place the cursor inside the inner table and choose Format | Borders
and Shading.

Make sure that table gridlines are displayed (on the Table menu, click
Show Gridlines); that makes it easier to identify the tables. You may
also want to click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar, so that you
can see the end-of-cell and end-of-row markers: ¤. (For more on
nonprinting marks, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
So how do I deal with the table in a table problem?

Thanks

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Barb

Barb Reinhardt wrote:
I have a table with cells that appear to have a background color

applied to
the text, but I can't seem to turn it off. I've tried

Format - Borders and Shading - No Fill - Apply to Table

And NOTHING.

Suggestions?

The cells in question might contain an inline image.

Or (more likely) you are actually faced with a table within a

table --
then the inner table has its own settings including B&S.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS