Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephen Quist Stephen Quist is offline

Default Page break in middle of paragraph

Doesn't the Widow/Orphan control on the Paragraph Line and Page Breaks tab
prevent
printing just one line, i.e., your signature on a new page?

So how are you creating your signature line? Is it a paragraph by itself? Or
is it a
part of the previous paragraph using shift-Enter? If it's a paragraph by
itself, of course
the Widow/Orphan control is not going to work. If it is part of the previous
paragraph,
I think there's hope.

Steve

"AnniePino" wrote in message
I have a long paragraph at the end of a page. On the next page is only the
signature line. How do I move a few lines of the paragraph onto the next
page without (1) creating a hard page break, (2) moving the whole
paragraph,
or (3) adding returns to move the text down? I know how to do the above,
but
don't want to create anything that would interfere should the page endings
change due to editing.