Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Will autotext ever work in Word 2007 again?

It's also possible that AutoCorrect could be adapted for this.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
I haven't heard anything about this changing. It would be very unusual for
something of this magnitude to change before the next major release (2-4
years from now, I would guess). I wouldn't be surprised, however, to see
AutoComplete put back on the table before then, although they would have

find a way to tame it so it didn't fire for non-AutoText building blocks.
But, I haven't heard anything.

Having said that, it's possible that your users can, through the use of

key
assignments and a few macros (perhaps... maybe even without using macros)
continue using AutoText if not identically to how they have been, then at
least in a similar way. One change, though, is that /n1 won't work with F3
in Word 2007. If they name it \n1, however, and can get used to pressing

F3
rather than relying on AutoComplete, they might regain some of the

facility.
For me personally, I never cared for AutoComplete since it required me to
stop and think and perform a specific action, and often fired at times

when
I didn't want it. Using the F3 method, I just type the shortcuts and press
F3.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Tom Curtin" wrote in message
My users have been relying on a medical boilerplate template for the

past
five years. They type /n1 and autoext gave them a lovely formated
paragraph
relating to the diagnosis and recommendation. In testing 2007, the

quick
parts solution is horribly cumbersome. Probably great certain things,

but
it
really doesn't fit the way we work. Has anyone heard how Microsoft is
going
to address this. I'd think other customers would be screaming as well?