I bought 11 optiplex dell GX 280 for my laboratory.

I discover the problem when i had to scroll a document created with MS
word 2002 containing some pictures created into word.
The graphic part of the document disapear in display but is correct
when you want to print the document.

In a new computer with windows XP SP1 or SP2, the problem apparears
when i install adobe acrobat in version 5 or 6 (Same problem)after
installing Office XP.
When i move the file PDFMaker.dot in the Path "C:\program
files\Microsoft Office\Startup" there is no problem with my document in
word.

I have also uninstalled the integrated graphic card 82915G to install
the ATI 3D rage pro on PCI slot. Then there is no problem with my
document word even if use the file PDFMaker.dot on the origin Path.

There is certainly a problem with the driver of the 82915G card.

The intel response is :

Hello Kocic,

Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer or system vendor's webpage
and download the latest BIOS update. Installing this will update your
VBIOS as well and should facilitate interaction between the graphics
controller hardware and the latest drivers. After this is done, please
reinstall the latest drivers for your graphics controller, which can be
found at this webpage:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764

Make sure to read the "Read Me" document that comes with the drivers
prior to installation. The latest version of the Intel(R) 82865G
graphics controller reference drivers is PV14.9.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further
assistance.

Sincerely,

Carlos B.
Intel(R) Technical Support

Intel(R) System Software Web Site
http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/index.htm

Intel(R) Graphics Support Web Site
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/

Intel(R) Desktop Boards Support Web Site
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/

A representative of Intel may subsequently contact you (via email) in
order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the support you
received. If you do not wish to participate, simply delete the survey
email.

Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its
subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

wrote:
Intel has confirmed that it is a problem with their driver for the
82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family of display adapters. They say
that they will address the problem in a new release of the driver.

If anyone having this problem will email me the service tag for your
PC, we can demonstrate clearly to Dell that the problem is occurring

on
many PCs (I have an open incident with Dell regarding this issue).
Reducing the graphics acceleration a level below that which DirectX
uses is a temporary workaround.

Thanks for your help!

Ann