Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Miscrosoft Word Mac 2000-2001

The template is just called normal template in the Mac version
1 Quit Word.
2 Navigate to your Normal template: By default, this is in
Applications:Microsoft Office 2001:Templates. If you do not find it there,
use Edit:Preferences:File Locations:User Templates:Modify to reveal its
location.
3 Rename the Normal template (for example, to oldNormal) and reopen Word. A
new Normal template will be created.
4 Open Word

lisalou wrote:
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Rename Normal.dot, and Word will generate a fresh copy with the
default
settings.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lisalou" wrote in message
In my school computer lab I have 34 iMac's...over the past few years

numerous
students have "played" with word creating documents; needless to
say there are amazing formats, margina etc. created! Is there a
quick and easy way

clear any and all "special features" and get back to a basic blank

docoument?
Thank you! I would prefer not to re-install the application on
all work stations! Lisa

Thank you Suzanne, however, I now do not know with what steps to
take to rename Normal.dot? If you have a moment I would be thrilled
if you could walk me through this. Lisa