Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Already saved word files changed to word pad files??

See How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

greenmtman wrote:
I uninstalled some unrelated programs that came preloaded with this
pc and after that all our word files saved in my documents are now
showing the word pad icon and if clicked will open in word pad. You
have to be in Word and then open these files for them to open in
Word. After this they seem fine, but why this change and how do I get
them back to Word files with a Word Icon??